After the Glendale Chamber of Commerce brought this to our attention we knew that many of you who have years of membership records in the system will find this change very helpful. The screenshots below will show you how to make this change in your own system.
You go into MMS CONFIGURATION > BILLING > LAST TWO CHECK BOXES NEED TO BE TURNED ON:
1. Go to your mms configuration > billing
2. scroll to bottom and click both check boxes
3. when you go to your member database choose "$"
4. notice the new layout plus no scrolling
When you are in the "Advanced Broadcast Messaging" system creating both broadcast messages and newsletters (don't use the older newsletter editor anymore if at all possible) you will see the ROWS TAB.
From here you can choose what you would like to AUTO INSERT from the list (Red Arrows) into your communication.
Click one of the listed options FIRST, then drag it over to insert it into your message.
another terrific member benefit IS all ready to go
The email reads like this but comes from your chamber
when they click the link they will see a screen like this
VERY IMPORTANT: Keep your current media related members in the same membership plan they are in today. you will want add them again (just their name, email, etc.) under the new "Press release contacts" group for these communications (they will not be considered members but only a list type contact).
to activate this new service go to mms configuration (PRESS RELEASE CONFIGURATION)
very easy to use prospect... to...
Meet the Show Host
Luis Hernandez Jr. Professional Bio
Luis Hernandez Jr. is the Communications & Membership Development Director at the Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce. Previously the Executive Director of ABQWest Chamber of Commerce. Under both roles, he is responsible for growth while improving its programming, member relations, and overall reputation of helping grow businesses in the community.
In addition to his work at both Chambers of Commerce, Luis is a local small business owner/entrepreneur. He and his Wife, Rachael Hernandez, own and operate Elite Music Productions, an Event & Entertainment Planning Agency. They are currently contracted by the State of New Mexico where they plan, book & manage entertainment for the New Mexico State Fair.
He is an active member of the community where he lends his entertainment, social media and marketing knowledge to local businesses, non-profits, and church organizations. He has also done voluntary work for several local programs & events:
When not working, Luis enjoys spending time with family, performing as a musician or seeing a good NM Spanish Music Concert, and of course volunteering at community related events.
LITTLE BACKGROUND AND PLANS FOR THE CHAMBER COLLABORATIVE
Today, we are venturing down a new path of Membership Development and Growth. Because of this Chamber Nation has decided to bring the Chamber Collaborative back in earnest with a highly qualified host from the Chamber industry to share ideas that are working in the field, take input from participants, and have other executives share insights they have to help grow membership.
Fortunately, we have a starting point with a terrific host who has proven first hand membership development experience within the Chamber of Commerce industry. Luis has much to share in this area that we know participants will be excited to learn. Like before we will hold these meetings to 30 minutes, but the CEO of Chamber Nation and others will stay on the line after the session has ended to answer or discuss other issues you may have. We will also provide support for both Docu.Team and the MembershipPublishingSystem.Com. We hope you will register below for future meetings so you won't miss any great ideas on growing your Chamber of Commerce.
Since we know that most businesses today are interested in mobile marketing and texting systems for growth, we thought a good move would be to start telling prospective members that when they join the Chamber, they will receive a complete mobile publishing system at no extra charge. To make it even easier you can send them to www.MobilePublishingSystem.com so they can quickly learn all about it.
The First Month:
- Visit www.MembershipServicesDepartment.com and see how easy it is to request marketing support.
- Visit the chamber website to understand the member services and learn about the community.
- While at the website be sure to click on the login button (use the lost password function to access the members area if you do not know/remember your password). Once logged in, press the “REQUEST SETUP” button to order your Chamber Lobby services. There are many valuable services included with your membership.
- Attend a Chamber-hosted event (be sure to provide the Chamber with your mobile number so that you can receive text updates on the information that is important to you.
- Locate the Chamber’s facebook page and be sure to "follow” to get social updates.
- Show your customers that you are a trusted Chamber member by adding the Chamber logo to your business website. Just ask us and we will be happy to provide the fle.
- Visiting www.MembershipOrientations.com and sign up for the next online member orientation.
- Post your business event(s) on the Chamber Online Calendar. We can provide a calendar system for your own website. This way you can add events to your own site while at the same time being automatically posted to the community-wide calendar for expanded promotion.
- Consider joining a project or committee at the Chamber.
- Attend a Chamber-hosted event.
- Expand your marketing by talking to the Chamber about advertising opportunities.
- Stop by the Chamber lobby and drop off your physical business materials for hand out.
- Review your digital Chamber Lobby presentation and work with your Chamber Assistant to add, edit, and show you how your catalog, text prospecting, and mobile app works.
- Review your physical materials that are placed in the Chamber lobby and share what you do with the Chamber staff. This way when they get referral requests it is easier to explain.
- Check your membership Directory listing (update as needed) or contact your Chamber Assistant for help..
- Look for potential business connections in the online Membership Directory and use the proposal request system.
- Contact the Chamber to be sure you are using your membership to its fullest extent.
- Attend networking opportunities.
- Share your Chamber experience with a non-member business that would benefit from membership while helping to grow our community.
- Asking questions about your membership.
- Attend a Chamber-hosted event.
- Look for additional engagement opportunities (marketing opportunities and possibly being a guest speaker).
- Review your Membership Return on Investment (ROI). Are you meeting the goals you set for joining? If not, call your Chamber.
- Contact your Chamber Assistant to expand your marketing platform at no added cost. Simply go to www.MembershipServicesDepartment.com.
- Check for opportunities to do a member e-blast, etc.
- Submit your member testimonial to the Chamber as they are very much appreciated.
Now the Chamber has a way to see who those people are that started to register to become a member and then for some reason did not complete the registration. Maybe with a simple phone call, and maybe even an incentive, you can convince them to finish the process and join your Chamber.
Go ahead and run this report:
(Under QUICK REPORTS within your Chamber Nation system look for this link: Incomplete Membership Registrations Report (.CSV)) you might be surprised that you have several new leads.
Have a question? Use the CHAT below during business hours and we will be right with you.
(Available to all members- sometimes with a fee)
(higher tiers only)
(getting info out to the members)
Money Saving Services
(get it through the chamber at a discount)
GO TO Facebook Forum
We answer Facebook Forum Questions Here so You Can Search Solutions at Anytime. Helpful for Chamber Staff and Their Members.
Chamber Industry News
Membership Drive Ideas