One of the most common mistakes businesses make is wanting to be all things to all customers. Just as in life and friendships, you will never be everyone’s “cup of tea.”
That’s okay. It’s more than okay.
Understanding this and attracting your ideal customer is the one way to build loyalty among your clients and provide them with the services and products they need. In personalizing your sales approach you will gain more, not less. Here’s how you can go about doing that:
1. Decide who your ideal customer is. There is a group (or maybe several groups) that you can help better than any other business. Who are they? Identify them, flesh out details about their demographics including:
3. Analyze what they want? Now that you know what they’re struggling with figure out what they want; what they wish they had even if it’s not in the budget right now. Focus on how you can help them get there. Several banks have used this approach selling the question of what dream can they help you achieve today.
4. Design marketing campaigns based around the second and third step in this list. Target individual demographics separately. Don’t try to use an all-encompassing solution for the different groups who buy from you. For instance, market to Millennials differently than you do retirees. They have different concerns. Designing your marketing strategy around these groups involves more than just your message. It also affects where and how you’re delivering it. For Millennials, you might turn to Instagram or YouTube. For the older generation, it might be Facebook and direct mail. You need to assess where your clients are so you can implement a strategy to reach them.
5. Create content that appeals to each group. Yes, your marketing message is content but this step takes it a bit further. Create ebooks or infographics with information that will help your ideal customer. Do video or host events. Understand the group you want to reach and then create content and experiences to reach them best. Ever notice a lot of end-of-life providers host free lunch and learns? That’s because they’re a popular way to reach that demographic.
6. Create a clear and “doable” call to action (CTA). At the end (and even midway, as appropriate) of all of your helpful content, you’ll want a clear and actionable CTA. The call to action must be the next step in what they’re looking for. For instance, if you’re selling something with a long sales cycle, you don’t want to add a buy-now button to your About Page on your website. About Pages are something most people visit when they want to learn more about you, not at a late stage in the sales cycle. On the other hand, a call to action to learn more about you on an infographic that walks people through the financing process of your product or service is not a good fit either because by that point most people are ready to consider signing with you. They likely already know about you.
7. Find a way to delight them. Remember when you were figuring out what your ideal customer wanted and needed? Now you want to use that information to make an impression. By this point, you’ve already attracted them with your targeted marketing. They’re already looking into what you have to offer. They’ve scanned your valuable, personalized materials and content. Now, use what you know about them to make an impression. This could be through a targeted email marketing drip campaign or promotional materials that are tied to their wants and needs. But at this stage, you want to kick up your marketing and do something no one else is doing. Maybe that’s a handwritten note or a pop-up event. Use what you know about your ideal customer to surprise and delight them.
8. Always follow-up. Most salespeople know to follow up but incessant calls from your sales team can get old. You need a way to stay in touch with your ideal customer as they consider doing business with you. You also want to stay in contact with those who have purchased and may purchase again. You can do this through a newsletter or other means of occasional contact. Get their email address. Being connected on social media is not enough. They could opt out of those platforms at any time but for someone to give up email that would be nearly impossible. Getting someone’s email is like getting their home address. It could change but not as often.
Get to work at attracting your ideal customer. They’ll remain more loyal to you and you’ll be more able to solve their problems and suit their needs. You’ll have fewer customer service issues because they are a good fit for your business. Stop trying to appeal to everyone and speak to those you are best suited to help.
First Step is to submit a support ticket or use CHAT to tell us that you would like the MEMBER REP system activated for your organization.
Now you will have a full accounting of all member touches and are able to monitor and be sure that your Member Reps are indeed communicating with members. As always let us know if you need our assistance.
We have heard many great things from our customers about the services we are providing to their Chamber members. One thing we also are hearing is that sometimes it is hard to explain all of the terrific benefits members receive when they are part of the Chamber Lobby program. To try and help rectify this, we have created a second way for Chamber leaders to explain the member benefits.
Since we know that most businesses today are interested in mobile marketing and texting systems for growth, we thought a good move would be to start telling prospective members that when they join the Chamber, they will receive a complete mobile publishing system at no extra charge. To make it even easier you can send them to www.MobilePublishingSystem.com so they can quickly learn all about it.
Click to Tweet is a simple yet elegant service that allows you to get people to tweet your content, which is also an easy way to get more traffic to your website or blog. The application and plugin are 100% free to use, all you need is a Twitter account. In this tutorial, we’ll be describing how to use Click to Tweet and some ways to get the most out of it.
Why Create Click to Tweet Links?
Click to Tweet gives you the ability to direct readers to share specific content on Twitter. You can generate links directly from the Click to Tweet dashboard after logging in. If you have a WordPress site, you can download a free plugin and get readers to share specific blog posts or pages. You can also get view analytics reports that provide you with lots of useful information about the people who tweet your content.
Many people may enjoy your content and could be willing to share it. At the same time, it might not occur to them if you don’t give them a prompt. It also takes a few steps to share something on Twitter. Click to Tweet cuts down on these steps and makes it very easy for people to share something.
How to Make Best Use of Click to Tweet
There are many social media buttons you can install on your website, including ones for Twitter. These can be useful to get people to share your content if they liked something you posted. Click to Tweet, however, allows you to focus on particular areas within your content.
In order to get the most out of Click to Tweet, you should keep several things in mind. The areas that you might want to highlight for tweeting include central points of your article. Look for areas in your content that emphasize crucial points. For example, if you are writing a post about getting more Twitter followers, you might want to highlight something like:
“This is how I got 10,000 new followers in under a month. Click to Tweet.”
Need to Remind Members to REQUEST THEIR FREE TCS PAGE? Here is a sample email template you could use.
As you may know our Chamber receives tens-of-thousands of impressions a month from people searching our area through search engines and within our own membership directory. In order to help in this indexing process, and to improve your own business success online, the Chamber provides each and every member with their own marketing landing page that is sometimes referred to as a Traffic Catcher System (TCS) page.
We know you are busy SO WE ARE HAPPY TO BUILD THIS PAGE FOR YOU. All you need to do is login from the link below using the LOST PASSWORD function. Once in, simply look for the BRIGHT RED REQUEST SETUP BUTTON and answer a few short questions. Please allow 5 minutes for this process.
THIS IS WHERE YOU WOULD PUT THE LINK TO YOUR MEMBER LOGIN
(find this link in your MMS Configuration area and look for system links #2.1)
GO TO Facebook Forum
We answer Facebook Forum Questions Here so You Can Search Solutions at Anytime. Helpful for Chamber Staff and Their Members.