NEXT CHAMBER COLLABORATIVE IS WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 5, 2018 - THE TIPPING POINT WHEN THE PROSPECT SAYS - WHY WOULD I NOT JOIN THE CHAMBER?
DON'T MISS THE NEXT COLLABORATIVE ON WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 5, 2018: Luis Hernandez (our show host) will be discussing the difference between “feature and benefit” selling versus “emotional” selling, buyer personas and why it is so important for us to really understand our customers/members better.
After that we will present the question and ideas about "WHERE IS THE TIPPING POINT" when prospects begin to say why would I I NOT join the Chamber? We will also open up a discussion on the Chamber setting up a second level of membership that could offer the biggest return for the member and Chamber.
Your membership organization (Chamber of Commerce) has invested in membership services so they can strategically help their members grow business. This is why we handle your setup, product and service documentation, mobile application, text prospecting, and search engine support.
Aside from this, we also provide your organization with a tool they can use to activate an easy way for you to request people to quickly review your business directly on Google. Normally people who are at your facility that have android devices, or google local operating on an iPhone, will be prompted to review your business. This is terrific for most of us, but what about all of the locals that love your business and have never seen that prompt?
We are going to be showing off this new tool at our next Chamber Collaborative - Be sure to register here for the next meeting.
You can also finish reading about the new Member.Reviews by going to www.Member.reviews
audio portion of this meeting was recorded
Meet the Show Host
Luis Hernandez Jr. Professional Bio
Luis Hernandez Jr. is the Communications & Membership Development Director at the Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce. Previously the Executive Director of ABQWest Chamber of Commerce. Under both roles, he is responsible for growth while improving its programming, member relations, and overall reputation of helping grow businesses in the community.
In addition to his work at both Chambers of Commerce, Luis is a local small business owner/entrepreneur. He and his Wife, Rachael Hernandez, own and operate Elite Music Productions, an Event & Entertainment Planning Agency. They are currently contracted by the State of New Mexico where they plan, book & manage entertainment for the New Mexico State Fair.
He is an active member of the community where he lends his entertainment, social media and marketing knowledge to local businesses, non-profits, and church organizations. He has also done voluntary work for several local programs & events:
When not working, Luis enjoys spending time with family, performing as a musician or seeing a good NM Spanish Music Concert, and of course volunteering at community related events.
LITTLE BACKGROUND AND PLANS FOR THE CHAMBER COLLABORATIVE
Today, we are venturing down a new path of Membership Development and Growth. Because of this Chamber Nation has decided to bring the Chamber Collaborative back in earnest with a highly qualified host from the Chamber industry to share ideas that are working in the field, take input from participants, and have other executives share insights they have to help grow membership.
Fortunately, we have a starting point with a terrific host who has proven first hand membership development experience within the Chamber of Commerce industry. Luis has much to share in this area that we know participants will be excited to learn. Like before we will hold these meetings to 30 minutes, but the CEO of Chamber Nation and others will stay on the line after the session has ended to answer or discuss other issues you may have. We will also provide support for both Docu.Team and the MembershipPublishingSystem.Com. We hope you will register below for future meetings so you won't miss any great ideas on growing your Chamber of Commerce.
Since we know that most businesses today are interested in mobile marketing and texting systems for growth, we thought a good move would be to start telling prospective members that when they join the Chamber, they will receive a complete mobile publishing system at no extra charge. To make it even easier you can send them to www.MobilePublishingSystem.com so they can quickly learn all about it.
The First Month:
- Visit www.MembershipServicesDepartment.com and see how easy it is to request marketing support.
- Visit the chamber website to understand the member services and learn about the community.
- While at the website be sure to click on the login button (use the lost password function to access the members area if you do not know/remember your password). Once logged in, press the “REQUEST SETUP” button to order your Chamber Lobby services. There are many valuable services included with your membership.
- Attend a Chamber-hosted event (be sure to provide the Chamber with your mobile number so that you can receive text updates on the information that is important to you.
- Locate the Chamber’s facebook page and be sure to "follow” to get social updates.
- Show your customers that you are a trusted Chamber member by adding the Chamber logo to your business website. Just ask us and we will be happy to provide the fle.
- Visiting www.MembershipOrientations.com and sign up for the next online member orientation.
- Post your business event(s) on the Chamber Online Calendar. We can provide a calendar system for your own website. This way you can add events to your own site while at the same time being automatically posted to the community-wide calendar for expanded promotion.
- Consider joining a project or committee at the Chamber.
- Attend a Chamber-hosted event.
- Expand your marketing by talking to the Chamber about advertising opportunities.
- Stop by the Chamber lobby and drop off your physical business materials for hand out.
- Review your digital Chamber Lobby presentation and work with your Chamber Assistant to add, edit, and show you how your catalog, text prospecting, and mobile app works.
- Review your physical materials that are placed in the Chamber lobby and share what you do with the Chamber staff. This way when they get referral requests it is easier to explain.
- Check your membership Directory listing (update as needed) or contact your Chamber Assistant for help..
- Look for potential business connections in the online Membership Directory and use the proposal request system.
- Contact the Chamber to be sure you are using your membership to its fullest extent.
- Attend networking opportunities.
- Share your Chamber experience with a non-member business that would benefit from membership while helping to grow our community.
- Asking questions about your membership.
- Attend a Chamber-hosted event.
- Look for additional engagement opportunities (marketing opportunities and possibly being a guest speaker).
- Review your Membership Return on Investment (ROI). Are you meeting the goals you set for joining? If not, call your Chamber.
- Contact your Chamber Assistant to expand your marketing platform at no added cost. Simply go to www.MembershipServicesDepartment.com.
- Check for opportunities to do a member e-blast, etc.
- Submit your member testimonial to the Chamber as they are very much appreciated.
Now the Chamber has a way to see who those people are that started to register to become a member and then for some reason did not complete the registration. Maybe with a simple phone call, and maybe even an incentive, you can convince them to finish the process and join your Chamber.
Go ahead and run this report:
(Under QUICK REPORTS within your Chamber Nation system look for this link: Incomplete Membership Registrations Report (.CSV)) you might be surprised that you have several new leads.
Have a question? Use the CHAT below during business hours and we will be right with you.
(Available to all members- sometimes with a fee)
(higher tiers only)
(getting info out to the members)
Money Saving Services
(get it through the chamber at a discount)
GO TO Facebook Forum
We answer Facebook Forum Questions Here so You Can Search Solutions at Anytime. Helpful for Chamber Staff and Their Members.
Chamber Industry News
Membership Drive Ideas